This online consultation is for you if:
- You are separated from your partner or spouse
- You are considering separation
- You are seeking legal advice regarding property (assets & liabilities)
If you are currently married or in a de facto relationship (including same sex), complete the de facto, same sex or prenuptial consultations.
Family law and your property
When relationships break down unfortunately money is usually involved, for example if the parties own anything together. Even if two partners (married or de facto) didn't co-own anything at all, the law can force one partner to sell property to pay cash to the other to compensate for his or her domestic contribution to the household.
The way property is divided after separation or divorce is a complex area of law and an ideal starting point is writing down what the property in question is, including both assets and liabilities.
Property and money come into play when relationships are starting too. Partners living in a de facto relationship may wish to form a binding financial agreement or couples soon to be married may consider a prenuptial agreement (now formally known as a binding financial agreement). Therefore noting what property is owned by each of the parties is useful for new relationships too.
Love Law Property Consultation
If you complete our free Love Law Property Consultation™ you will be given the option to:
- For a small fee: download an automatically generated Legal Report to present to a lawyer of your choice; or
- For free: send an anonymous summary of this Legal Report to lawyers with the first to respond gaining access to your Legal Report and your contact details, so you can be assured of a passionate and fast-moving lawyer to help you solve your legal challenge.
If you are going through divorce or separation, the Love Law Property Consultation™ is best completed in addition to other legal questionnaires (don't worry, you can complete other free consultations when you finish the Love Law Property Consultation™).
Why use Love Law?
The time and effort you put into Love Law legal consultations will reduce the amount of work you and your lawyer will be required to do and this will save you real money.
You can take as long as you like to complete Love Law legal consultations and you can even save them and return later if you have other things to do. Take this opportunity to relax a little and we will try to connect you with an Australian legal professional to give you a helping hand.